This is the KMC Home Page, the trail head for information about our club and Kootenay mountain adventure in general.
For more information about the club visit the Club Info area. Along with membership information and what the benefits are, you'll find access to information on the Bonnington cabins, the summer hiking camps, information of scheduled trips, activities and slideshows, the archives of our newsletters and the old Kootenay Karabiner, and more. There is also a contact us page that is all about how to do just that.
The Mountain Info area has information about the Kootenay mountains, links to other outdoor clubs and organisations, pointers to good books on hiking trails in the area and other things.
The KMC Town Square is an experiment for the club. Back in the old days of the internet there would be a little image of a worker swinging a pickaxe and text saying "Under Construction". We are going to call it "a constant remodelling". The hope is to build: a gathering place, sidewalk cafés, an outdoor gear sell/swap/buy table, a calendar of events, general club announcements, road and snow condition reports, some chit-chat, and a place for ..... any suggestions?
The season in progress...
- The sun to appear in minutes from behind Mt. Loki, September 29Photo Terry Turner
- 25 and 50 Peak Challengers receiving their badges on Mt. Irvine, September 28Photo Doug Clark
- Looking down into the Ymir Basin, the last day of summer, September 21Photo Vicki Hart
- Mt. Carlyle ridge from SE peak to NW peak, September 20Photo Nadine Ebner (her 50th peak!)
- McKean Lakes and Mt. Woden, September 14Photo Phil Best
- Two peak day: Mt. Kelly and Mt. Stott, September 10Photo Peter Oostlander
- View from the summit of Mt. McKean, September 6
Photo Peter Oostlander
- Giant's Kneecap, August 31
Photo Ric Baker
- Jumbo Pass, August 31Photo Phil Best
- Kokanee Glacier, August 31Photo Vicki Hart
- Haystack Mountain, August 23Photo Nadine Ebner
- Mountains? Who needs mountains? Slocan River Paddle, August 23Photo Tim Clinton
- Mt. Sherman Summit, August 10Photo Vicki Hart
- Sue approaching Aurora/Bing Col during Hiking Camp 3, August 6Photo Tim Clinton