This is the KMC Home Page, the trail head for information about our club and Kootenay mountain adventure in general.
For more information about the club visit the Club Info area. Along with membership information and what the benefits are, you'll find access to information on the Bonnington cabins, the summer hiking camps, information of scheduled trips, activities and slideshows, the archives of our newsletters and the old Kootenay Karabiner, and more. There is also a contact us page that is all about how to do just that.
The Mountain Info area has information about the Kootenay mountains, links to other outdoor clubs and organisations, pointers to good books on hiking trails in the area and other things.
The KMC Town Square is an experiment for the club. Back in the old days of the internet there would be a little image of a worker swinging a pickaxe and text saying "Under Construction". We are going to call it "a constant remodelling". The hope is to build: a gathering place, sidewalk cafés, an outdoor gear sell/swap/buy table, a calendar of events, general club announcements, road and snow condition reports, some chit-chat, and a place for ..... any suggestions?
A quick overview of the Club's Winter or Summer outings are available on the KMC Town Square Calendar. For club members, full details are available from a link to the official Google Doc on the password protected Members Only Documents page. There is also a Google Doc for non-members.
Are you asking yourself "Where is that webpage hidden?" Please check the
The season in progress...
- Exploration in early December of an unnamed ridge for a spring outing, looking over to Rossland Range
Photo Peter Oostlander
- White Queen, January 21Photo Nick Chomey
- Onward to Mt. Lepsoe, January 14Photo Rob Richardson
- Intro to Backcountry Skiing on summit of Mt. Crowe, January 11Photo Peter Oostlander
- Intro to Backcountry Skiing on the way to Mt. Crowe, January 11Photo Chris Cowen
- Above and beyond Hummingbird Pass, Dececember 7, 2014 Photo Phil Best
- Feels like Winter! November 11, 2014Photo Vicki Hart
- A strange apparition on the summit of Mt. Crawford, October 1. Lost or ahead of schedule?Photo Rob Richardson
- The sun to appear in minutes from behind Mt. Loki, September 29Photo Terry Turner
- 25 and 50 Peak Challengers receiving their badges on Mt. Irvine, September 28Photo Doug Clark
- Looking down into the Ymir Basin, the last day of summer, September 21Photo Vicki Hart
- Mt. Carlyle ridge from SE peak to NW peak, September 20Photo Nadine Ebner (her 50th peak!)
- McKean Lakes and Mt. Woden, September 14Photo Phil Best