This is the KMC Home Page, the trail head for information about our club and Kootenay mountain adventure in general.
For more information about the club visit the Club Info area. Along with membership information and what the benefits are, you'll find access to information on the Bonnington cabins, the summer hiking camps, information of scheduled trips, activities and slideshows, the archives of our newsletters and the old Kootenay Karabiner, and more. There is also a contact us page that is all about how to do just that.
The Mountain Info area has information about the Kootenay mountains, links to other outdoor clubs and organisations, pointers to good books on hiking trails in the area and other things.
The KMC Town Square is an experiment for the club. Back in the old days of the internet there would be a little image of a worker swinging a pickaxe and text saying "Under Construction". We are going to call it "a constant remodelling". The hope is to build: a gathering place, sidewalk cafés, an outdoor gear sell/swap/buy table, a calendar of events, general club announcements, road and snow condition reports, some chit-chat, and a place for ..... any suggestions?
The season in progress...
- Kokanee Glacier, August 31Vicki Hart
- Haystack Mountain, August 23Nadine Ebner
- Mountains? Who needs mountains? Slocan River Paddle, August 23Tim Clinton
- Mt. Sherman Summit, August 10Photo Vicki Hart
- Sue approaching Aurora/Bing Col during Hiking Camp 3, August 6Photo Tim Clinton
- A crowd of KMC members on Mt. Gimli Summit, July 31
Photo Phil Best
- A Gimli GoatPhoto Phil Best
- Starting descent from summit of Dolly Varden, July 27
Photo Bill Sone